Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Directv Analogy and Comparison

I love the new Direct TV commercial. I think it is hilarious, especially the part about the guy in the dentist chair and the sneeze.  Can you imagine that?  The next time I go to the dentist, I will be thinking about this.  Gross but funny!  I do wonder if this has ever happened before and what the patient and dentist did afterward.That just not right, not in the least.  Disgusting, but hilarious!  Perhaps this is way to illustrate analogies or comparisons. We use them all the time in conversations.  Let's bring them into our expository or narrative writing.  Hey, any type of writing!  They are a blast to use all the time!  I hear there are more Direct TV commercials out there, spouting analogies.  I have seen a few but the dentist sneeze, for me, takes the cake.  Enjoy your next visit to the dentist.

No comments:

Post a Comment