Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Grande Papi Commercial from Taco Bell Media Literacy

I saw this video during the Super Bowl and was happy that I wasn't watch the Go Daddy commercial again! I thought it was cute.  It came on again today, as I was watching First Take on ESPN.  I thought about and the Media TEKS. You could discuss the mood it is trying to convey, thus author purpose.  I was thinking, and forgive me if I don't articulate this the way I would like, but it could be used to show media teks in the tone, music chosen, and message.  What message did the author want to convey?  Why did Taco Bell choose the music with a white guy and his cute little baby?  Who's the audience for this commercial?

To me the media peeps are trying to make eating their new burrito manly. This burrito is the Big Daddy of all burritos.    I loved the music in the back ground. Perfect for what they were trying to portray. It shows him being so confident because all the lady folks are noticing him because of the baby. He becomes more confident.  Then he devours a burrito with vigor.  He's the man! Big Papi!  He's one cool dude or so he thinks.  How do I know he is confident?  When does he show more confidence?  In the way he steps back and forth and then bites into the that burrito.  Now that I think about it some more, it would be great for inferring but you have to infer all of the above.  It's limitless and it's Taco Bell!  Yo quiero Taco Bell dude!

No comments:

Post a Comment