Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Protein Bistro Box

I decided to take Barry Lane's advice from his book  Discovering the Writer Within and write everyday. It's could also be my Lenten promise.  One way to do this is to write on the blog.  So here goes. I bought the Starbucks Protein Box today and I found it quite delicious.  It was the one with 2 year aged cheese.  I thought, how do they do that?  Where do they keep it so it ages correctly?  Then I thought of mold and maybe, just maybe, if I look in the deepest recesses of my refrigerator, I might encounter the horror.  I might just encounter my own two- year -aged cheese or older, which wouldn't look so pretty in a Protein Bistro Box at Starbucks.  It would be such a nasty pataste! (Honduran root- like vegetable that tastes very bland.) I think Starbucks would pay me not to sell it to them. Yuck, and double yuck! 

How is cheese aged any how?  I am not speaking of that cheezy cracker commercial, okay?  I will tell you one thing though, the aged cheese tasted pretty darn fine.  It reminds me of that commercial with the words, "We will sell no wine before it's time."(I am aging myself as I write!)

The Protein Bistro Box also has little green apple slices and a cute little container full of sweet cranberries topped with whole almonds.  To top it off, it has these little rectangular shaped seven grained wheat crackers.  I didn't bother with them because I am on a carbless diet right now. The sound of the seven grained wheat crackers makes it sound so healthy.  Tempted though I was, I didn't give in.  No senseless carbs for me.  At least not yet!


Halfway eaten Protein Bistro Box

No comments:

Post a Comment