Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Door Sign

Today I went to visit a school and I saw this sign on the door. I pulled really hard on the door and it flung open, without any problem! I thought the door was going to come off its hinges.  Maybe they fixed the door previously and forgot to take off the sign.  Who knows? Maybe they just moved this black rubber mat back some.  Either way I was expecting to have to tug pretty hard. I just pulled the door open and used a little force (push or pull on an object).  Hey, by the way, do I get some Science points?  Bill Nye, where are you?  When I saw the sign initially, I laughed. I very much enjoyed the word choice. I reminded me of my next door neighbor growing up. She'd say things with the word real in it like, "You all have real good time!" and "That tastes real good!" "He's the real McCoy!" The classic use of real was used to describe something out of the ordinary. "That's unreal!" I could hear her say, " Don't pull hard but real hard now!" Really is needed here.  It made my day thinking about it. Sort of reminds me of the signs that say, "The door must remain open during business hours."No, you have got to be kidding me! Really? So am I to surmise that they will be closed, when the business is closed for the night?  Really?  I think I got it now!  I am going to go to Chase Bank and photograph that sign.  It's like the one I saw on Campbell Road,  outside a church, that read, "Water Baptism on Sunday."  I didn't get a chance to take that picture before they changed the sign.  Really?  Water baptism.  What else would you use?  I never heard of Dr. Pepper baptism, green tea baptism, STARBUCKS baptism or do I need to join that church?  It strikes me as funny. So.....getting back to the sign on the office door-  BADABING MOMENT....I thought to myself, "Hey, this would be a great photo stimulus for writing!"  I didn't know quite how I would use it but you never know, right? Sort of gets you thinking, if you know what I mean. Ya just never know!  It just goes to show you  that....maybe I'll ponder this more tomorrow- real hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment