Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Sunday, March 8, 2015

The Struggle from 2013

Ever have one of those days when you just have to let out what's flowing inside and you just have to let it out?..This day would be just that kinda day for me...I am just going to write a few things.....I can't live in your chaos.....in the hurricane....waiting for the eye....bracing for the dirty side, the North side....of your craziness....I can't live in hurky jurky stop and go world....Okay I'll give it jab or two, wade in the ice cold waters,  here I go...

Struggle

I can't live 
in your chaos
In the piercing,
 unforgiving 
squalls
of your hurr-i-cane
Waiting interminably, 
counting the seconds
Tick toc,
Tick toc,
Tickety, tickety, 
persnickety, 
tickety toc
For the eye of the 'cane
For the calm to settle, 
settle, settle down
Just to be pulled up 
from within, 
without
In an instant
Howling, howling, 
Roaring, Roaring
Unforgiving

I can't live in your fury
bracing for the dirty side,
So nasty, 
cruel  
complicated
North of sanity
South of 
common sense

Won't live 
in your 
uncertainty-
changing 
at the drop of a hat
nickle, dime, and penny
I'm  clinging to
 some consistency,
Just some normalcy,
NOOOOOO!  
Not again, 
not again 
and again 
and again
Calmate!
Traquilizate! 
Por favorcito!
Basta ya!
Ya! 
Already!

Won't,
can't
take refuge 
the hurky jerky
wax on
wax off
kinda existence
with your persistence
wearing me down, 
down, down
like a Michelin with 
300,000 mile treads
balding,
 balding
to the bone

Can't live in the-
stop and go
go and stop
 traffic
bumper to bumper
inching along and then
Phew!
1,000 MPR
Outta no where..
 in 2 seconds
 or less

Can't
 name it
in five notes,
Four or just three
Please just let go
go of me
Unleash me now
Let freedom ring!
I beg  
and plead
I'm on my hands
 and knees
 I yearn, 
crawl 
and plead
 to be 
set free
from the choas 
growing
inside, inside,
inside of,
me

M. Ucles
Fecha
Today
Feb 13th, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment