Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Rainy Day Blues-Poem

Rainy Day Blues

By Maureen Ucles

Rainy day,
Rainy day,
Messing with my moods
don't wantcha
to stay
I'm trapped
inside
all day
all stinkin'
day

Rainy day
Rainy day
Go on
Go on 
Your merry
little way
No time
No place
to go out
and play
just inside
four walled silence


Rainy day
Rainy day
Couldn't you come
some other day?
when I am working
in the office
 laboring with my
thoughts
hearing 
pitter patter
of 
your smatter-
-ings

Rainy day
Rainy day
No soup 
on display
potato
or 
tomato
with basil
or grilled sandwiches
with cheese
melting away
pickles on the side
Please,
Pretty please
 sugar or Truvia
 on top
just stop 
it all
go away

Rainy day
Rainy day
got me in a
 gloomy
kind a way
wanna say
just go on
your way
don't rain
anymore
on my parade
or
vacation

Rainy day
Rainy day
Dreary
Yucky
Melancholic
Disgusting
Unsettled
Blue
stuck
in this zone
some kinda hue
  interior room
 closet
calling out
sky's a fallin'
down
ominous
dark gray
purple, green
baddest front
you've ever seen
rainy day
rainy day
release me
let me
let me
 go

No comments:

Post a Comment