Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Merry Christmas Sammy

Merry Christmas Sammy!
Today has been a grand day!  It feels like Wednesday already!  After battling stinking Pneumonia and a sinus infection, I am starting to feel kinda normal.(Well as normal as I can be!)  It's about 77 degrees outside with lots of sun and few lingering clouds.  It's a great Spring day for Houston.  That won't dampen my spirits though because I am starting to anticipate the holidays!  I am beginning to get in the Christmas spirit!  I don't usually like to listen to Christmas music until mid December and my tree is still in the box in the garage.  Okay, now is the time to get into some Bing Crosby and Andy Williams Christmas classics like Silver Bells and It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year.  I can have Amy Grant's Jingle Bells and Michael W. Smith's Gloria jamming in my car!  I have Amazon at my finger tips and a long list to get through in the next few days.  It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas in Houston.  The hot weather may abound for now but inside I feel a cool breeze pass by as I sip on some a Peppermint Mocha from Starbucks!  So just three more days and then I'm gonna buy a few more presents and the house will come to life with Christmas cheer.  My tree will be out of the box and adorned with glass ornaments that my cats will want to swipe during the night. I can't wait to decorate the house and tree with my wonderful daughter and family!  I am good for three broken ornaments this year!  I have to watch my Sandy because she likes to climb the tree to the top and topple the whole scene.  I know we won't have a white Christmas here but that's okay! I've lived in H-town for about 14 years now and only one semi white Christmas.  I want it to cool down some though.  I would like to at least see my breath and walk outside with a silly hat and mittens.  My dogs can don their Christmas sweaters, as I walk them down the street, to see the bright lights on my neighbor's houses and lawns.  That's always a treat!  Just three days!  Woohoo!  Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah (I hope I spelled it right) and Kwanza!  God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment