Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Post from Region IV Conference

Hi Maureen,

I was at the conference where you went over the Kernel Essay with everyone.  My kids have been hitting those hard since I’ve gotten back.  I have Gretchen’s books and they have been great.  My kids absolutely LOVE the kernel essays.  We wrote about our Favorite Thanksgiving Tradition with our Families.  I displayed the essays in a Kernel Shape and then created a Turkey around it.  I had the kids create their own feathers to be put around the Turkey.  The Kernel structure was:

My favorite Thanksgiving tradition is….

My family started it because….

It makes me feel…

Without it…

I can’t wait…

The kids had a blast with it.  I also showed the different Arrays that made up the Turkey.  It was great.  Thanks again for that wonderful training. 

Have a Happy Thanksgiving and great start to the week next week.  ( I included our Turkey Picture)

Best!

No comments:

Post a Comment