Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Estrellita Revisited

I read over Estrellita last night and I wasn't quite satisfied with it.  I remember working on it a while back and thinking that it was done.  As I read it yesterday, it just didn't have the flow that I intended. I am revisiting it now to see where it can go.

Estrellita

By Maureen  Ucles

Twinkle, twinkle 
Little star
Got me wonderin'
Estrellita
Where you are
Out in space
Light years away
Just twinkling
All the way 
to the Earth
and beyond
¿Cómo no?

You seem to
Twinkle here
Twinkle there
Twinkling
Just twinkling
anywhere
For what?
For whom?
Bells tolling 
and such
Seems all so full
of nothingness--
absurdity

Thought I heard
someone say
Hey, ya know
if you
twinkle
they will come
was it
James Earl Jones?
Maybe
Kevin Costner listening
Only in a field
 recently abandoned
Out in far right
 dreams unrealized
Put on hold
Thrown in the towel
 for the moment...
at least

Twinkle, twinkle
Como brilla
Tan contenta
Little star
Estrellita
Got me wonderin'
So far away
Oblivious to the day
That I might just
UP and WALK
Away
Wish it were 
today
right now
this instance
perhaps...
Tonight
seems to be
Great time to
take flight
Just might

Twinkle, twinkle
Casanova's nebulae
Hits me right 
in the eyes
In between
Primal scream
Falling down
down down
gravity's extreme


Twinkle, Twinkle
searching 
 respuestas
answers
to my ponderings
constant questionings
Trying to secure
some kinda meaning
signficanza
Devoid
Deleted
Delayed
Beyond belief
¿Quién sabe?

Re-placed
Re-moved
Re-jected
by a twinkle, twinkle
from someone else's eyes
all these years
 life, laughter
 and tears
                                                                      ¿Para qué?



Estellita dime
Tell me 
What did I do?
Por favorcito
Shine your light
Down upon me
Hazme brillar 
Just like before
When the world was new
Light years away
Yet
It cannot be
As for me
Stuck in a vaccuum
Paralysis of thought
emotion
Plain toast
burnt to the core
Don't wanna 
Hang out anymore
Just leave me alone
with your rayas
shut the door
in my face
as your beams
flow
out into space



Estrellita
Me voy
Movin' on
Andale pues
without haste
To a universe
far, far away
No más
Estrellita
Good bye
Adiós

No comments:

Post a Comment