Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Yesterday

I got a chance to work with some really great educators and colleagues yesterday.  We went into some spectacular classrooms in kinder and first grade.  These educators, that allowed us a glimpse into their wonderful classrooms, should be commended for all the hard work that they do.  I was amazed at their dedication, work ethic and devotion.  I could tell just how much these teachers care for their students and their learning.  Wow!

This got me thinking about our teaching profession.  We all work extremely hard to do and be the best that we can be for our students.  Sometimes teachers, who are doing such a stand up job, may not realize the great impact that they have on their students, teams and campuses. They may not know just how appreciated that they are. They come in everyday and do their job to max, stay late in the evening and at home preparing for the days ahead. The job in never ever done.  I witnessed this yesterday.  I gave a teacher a compliment. Her room was so inviting. It was like a palace of learning. I would, without any hesitation, put my daughter in this class. I complimented her on this wonderful environment. She deflected the comment and gave others the praise.  I then asked her to please accept my compliment.  Finally, she agreed.  Wow! That was so neat to see. Such humility.

We teachers dig in day after day and work so very hard to find anything and everything to motivate and guide our young readers and writers.  It is such a joy and privilege to be able to do what we do on a daily basis.  We hold such wonder in the palms of our hands all year long and then the wonders move on to blossom and grow somewhere else.  I have such admiration and respect for everyone who call themselves teacher.  It is truly a labor of love and dedication.  Sometimes we don't get the respect that we are due in society as a whole, but that does not matter in the long run.  There's nothing better than seeing that light bulb go on and the excitement in the eyes of these wonderful children.  I love teaching and am proud to be a part of a profession where we motivate and inspire young minds to reach beyond their expectations. I am proud to be called TEACHER!





























No comments:

Post a Comment