Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Estrellita-Star Gazing-first version

Here is a poem that I wrote about a few years ago.  I think I will rename it Estrellita.


And it goes a little something like this...


Estrellita

By Maureen Twinkle Ucles

Twinkle, twinkle 
Little star
Got me wonderin'
Estrellita
Where you are
Out in space
Light years away
Just twinkling
All the way 
to the bank?
Como no?

Hardly...
Twinkling there
Twinkling here
Twinkling
Just twinkling
for whom?
For what?
Seems all full
of nothingness

Heard someone 
say
Hey-
If you twinkle
They will come
Only in a field
abandoned
Out in far right field
dreams unrealized
Put on hold
I have
Thrown in the towel
 for the moment
at least

Twinkle, twinkle
Como brilla
Tan contenta
Little star
estrellita
Got me wonderin'
So far
away
Oblivious to the day
That I might just
UP and WALK
Away
Wish it were 
Today
Right now
This instance
Tonight
Great time to
take flight
Just might
You trippin'
No
Hardly

Twinkle, twinkle
CasaNova's
Nebulae
Hits my eye
In between
Primal scream
Out of
of my mind
heart and soul

Twinkle, Twinkle
You got the ansa?
to my ponderings
chalk full of wonderins'
Trying to find some meaning
Meaning
Voided
Beyond belief

Re-placed
Re-moved
Re-jected
by a twinkle, twinkle
from someone else's estrella
all these years
sweat, blood and some tears
for what?
Some things 
Some place
Some  thoughts
Worth it all?
Tal vez
Depende
Quien sabe voz?
but makes me not
so so encantada
got a fistful of thanks
Por favorcito
going through my
hands like water
escaping through a
sieve
being vetted for 
the last time
final sequence
spent


So sorry, so sad
Pink slip delivered
tristemente
in a brown bag
open it up
Nah!  
A  little later
mas tardecito voz
Ahorita voy
Can't bare the news
Can deal with it all
what I'm goin' through
WHATEVER
Movin' on
Vaya pues
To a theatre near you
Twinkle, Twinkle
Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment