Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Monday, March 2, 2015

Creative in the Kitchen





I don't have too much to comment on tonight.  I am feeling rather blah!  Not inspired am I.  I have been doing Hip Hop Abs and I tried Zumba out tonight.That doesn't leave me much time for blogging!  Yes, I have more energy but not the kind like I had when I was in my twenties. Nope.  Just enough to rediscover my love for cooking.  I have been trying these great new recipes out from my 17 Day Diet Cook Book.  I have been making smoothies, Spanish Omelettes, making my own fruit frozen yogurt, and barbecue chicken. I still have tons to make yet too.  It is creative in process and I need an outlet for that side of me.  Plus my daughter is reaping the benefits.  Last night, I made Dr. Mike's Power Cookie.  I burnt them by leaving them too long in the oven.  So I improvised and cut off the bottoms of the cookies.  Believe it or not, they tasted darn good and they are so healthy for you as well.  I am learning so much through this diet and recipe book.  For example, I had never heard of kefir or knew that acidophilus had it own milk.  I can't seem to find any acidophilus milk anywhere. You know it gets kinda nerve racking when you go into a health food store... say like Sprouts and you mention acidophilus milk and they give you this look like you are bonkers or something. I couldn't believe that they wouldn't know what it was. Sprouts you are a health food store so you are supposed to know this. You are the experts.  Do I have to go to Whole Foods or what?  As it turns out, they may have it at...wait for it...Walmart.  I need to go there.  I desperately want to get my hands on it so I can make different kinds of smoothie! The kefir smoothie is good but way too tart.  I am hoping the acidophilus smoothie will hit the spot.

This just in....
New flash! I just tasted my homemade berry frozen yogurt! I tried out this recipe last night, with much anticipation.  Are you kidding me?  This stuff is so good.  It's easy to make.  You need raspberries, blueberries and blackberries.  You blend three cups of the mixed berries with some plain Greek yogurt and add some Truvia.  Blend them together and put it in the freezer.  Oh my goodness!  I could go into business with this concoction!  I could make paletas(fruit bars or fruitsicles) and sell them on my bike!  Wow! They are sort of like raspas(fruitsicles)! Who knew!  Like I said...I don't have much to write about!  I will post tomorrow regarding my latest recipe adventures  Yeah!  I found something to write about!  You will see photos of my latest creations.  Bonn appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment