Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Monday, March 2, 2015

Snow Day

SNOW DAY!

by Maureen Ucles

Did ya hear the news?
Gonna chase away
Take 'way your blues
Go ahead and hit snooze
'cause tomorrow
tomorrow is a 
SNOW DAY!

SNOW DAY!
Can't wait!
To sleep in!
Drink my hot cup a jo
Looking outta my window 
at the snow
falling
falling 
--
slowly
effortlessly 
to the ground
SNOW DAY!


Got the call
Early this time
NO SCHOOL
Inclement weather
Doesn't matter
in the least
'cause 
I am rejoicing
SNOW DAY!

SNOW DAY!
Feels like 
I hit the lottery
without all the bling 
and expensive pottery
I just might buy
This is better
Free
Free
Free
SNOW DAY!


SNOW DAY!
Traffic is 
is
is
no
isn't
'cept those fools
trudging on the 
overpasses
eighteen---wheel
wheelers 
just stuck
on the towering ramp
Don't try it!
Stray away!
Go home!
Not me
I am
snuggling in the covers
sipping some soup
watching
Judge Judy
What's up Doc?
Phil and Oz
SNOW DAY!

SNOW DAY!
My Way!
Just chillin'
Whatever way
I choose
Really
can't loose
'cause 
I am playing
with house 
money
with some
Green Tea 
and honey
my way
it's free
SNOW DAY!


Oh...by the way
We gotta make this one up!
I don't care...for now
SNOW DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment