Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Chance Meeting at Abydos-There's No Place Like Home!


I exited the main conference room to put my certificate of attendance in my bag. I had just attended the Abydos Conference in Dallas, Texas. I was in a hurry to put it away and make a mad dash down the escalator and into the cold, cold parking lot.  As I was putting this certificate away, a nice lady came up to me and asked me if I was author and creator of a blog. I thought she must have me mistaken for someone else.  I asked, "You mean the blog Just Write Baby?"  I wanted to make sure that I wasn't mistaken for someone else. Then she commented, "I always pictured you as being short." I laughed.  "Fat chance," I thought, being that I am six feet tall. She continued, "You are really tall!" By that time, I knew that she must not have confused  me for someone else and that she was familiar with my photo from Just Write Baby. The photo is a partial head and torso shot. "Wow!" I thought. "Someone really appreciates my blog!" I was pleasantly surprised and excited that she liked reading my blog. I often wondered who really reads my blogs and what they think. Every now and then I will see some comments from people. Some of that time the comments are from people that I know. This time, it was someone that I didn't know. Wow! How cool is that, right? Triple cooled beans!

This nice person introduced herself as Dorothy. She would not allow me forget her name because she said, "Just remember my name like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz!"  She was right. Name associations definitely work for me.  I didn't forget her name, which for me is a major miracle.  I am very bad with names. I forget people's names all the time or I tend mix them up horribly.  It is now 10:24 pm and I haven't forgotten Dorothy yet! Woohoo! I knew I had to get this post out tonight. I have to strike while the iron is hot and my memory serves me.

Tonight I would like to give a shout out to Dorothy from the Abydos 2015 Conference. I am shouting out to Dorothy from the escalator. You made my day today in a very special way. It is not everyday that I get to meet someone who actually reads and enjoys my blog! What an exciting experience! It made my day, week and month. Again, thanks Dorothy, from the Wizard of Oz, it was a pleasure to meet you.

There's no place like home, there's no place like home! For me, this blog is my home. I don't always spend the time that I would like posting more frequently. You reminded me that this blog is my place and my home to record my writing, my thoughts and  my reflections. In short, this blog is my refuge from the snow and the craziness of life! Thanks Dorothy for reminding me of that today!  Hope to hear from you soon.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a great way to find out your impact on the blogosphere. As you know, many people read your blog and often return to read your following post. It does not matter whose blog you post to either. People are looking for YOUR words! I am happy you had this experience. Now you know from Dorothy, a not so much a stranger anymore, who loves reading your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete