Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Hello

I dedicate this poem to my wonderful friends in SBISD including Michelle Garcia, Donald Burken, Kathy Spencer and the best boss a person could ask for and my mentor, Cathie Robinson.  May this poem be a blessing to you. It has truly been an honor and privilege to walk and work beside you all these years.  May the journey continue in some capacity or another.  Some are moving onto bigger and better things.  Others will remain with me in the trenches as we keep our blistered hands on the plow.  May God richly bless each one of you.  I have been truly blessed to have known and worked with you.  Mil gracias!

Hello
By Maureen Ucles
It’s not
Goodbye
For us
No, not
In the least
It’s
Hello

It’s never
Goodbye
To the newness
To the past
Present
What…
Will be
Could be
Should be
Can’t you
See?
Got me
So
Intrigued
No, no, no
Not goodbye
But
Hello
Once more


It’s not goodbye
But hello
Invites me
Through the
 Rod iron door
Immensely
 Heavy, heavy, heavy
Into the
Unknown, unknown, unknown
Where
Possibilities abound
Where
 You reside
Or just might be
Found
Did I hear that
 Familiar, familiar
Sound?
Your
Sweet, sweet,
Hello
Otra vez

It’s not
Goodbye
It’s the
Perpetual possibility
 Hello
I must confess
Though,
Sometimes
 Really don’t know
If I’m
Sighing
Goodbye
Or smiling
 Hello

I suppose
Deep, deep
Down
I know
We can never
End
But look
Ahead
To…to
Hello

Doors wide open
In this dark blue ocean
Cool winds a’ blowin’
Deep, deep in our souls
Feels like heaven
Almost
Not quite,
 No
No goodbyes
For us
Only
Hello
At this precise
Moment

I must confess
However,
Goodbyes
Encapsulates
Torments
Won’t wait
Gotta firm hold
No matter
No matter
What I do
Won’t let go

Times pondered
Times spent
Is this
the end?
Where did
it all go?
I’m all out
Just
dunno

Then
I ponder
Let my mind
Wonder
 Consider
 A gentle nudge
Slight whisper
Hello, hello, hello

When goodbyes
Emerge,
I scamper, flee
Relishing
Remembrances past
Realizing
Ya know?
Tomorrow beckons
Another chance
Hello

Hello
Wrapped in
 Sweet butter frosting
Fresh winter snow
Blanketing the countryside
Of our
Hearts, minds
Souls
With belly cracking
 Laughter
Lungs full of
Crazy, crazy, crazy
Sometime soon
Next
Hello


Our lives
Goodbyes
Conflicted
Juxtaposed
Never quite closed
A glimmer of hope
Draped in
Hello

Many, many sunrises
Hello
Sunsets, rainy days
Hello
After the storm
Hello
An inviting, simple
Hello


Hey!
Let’s agree
No more
Goodbyes
No, not anymore
Solamente
A straight up
Glistening, genuine, sincere
Hello

No comments:

Post a Comment