Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Hello Under Construction

Hello
By Maureen Ucles

It’s not
Goodbye
For us
No, not
In the least
It’s
Hello

It’s never
Goodbye
To the newness
To the past
Present
What will
be
Could
 be
Should
be
Can’t you
see?
Got me
so
Intrigued
No, no, no
Not goodbye
But
Hello
Once more

It’s not goodbye
But hello
Again
Invites me
In
Through the
 Old rod iron
door
So massively
 heavy
heavy,
heavy
Into
the
Unknown,
 known,
 known
Where
Possibilities abound
Where
 you reside
Just might be
found
Did I hear that
 familiar
familiar
sound?
Your
sweet, sweet,
Hello
Otra vez

It’s not
 goodbye
It’s the
perpetual possibility
 Hello

I must confess
Though
Sometimes
 really don’t know
If I’m
at
 Goodbye
Or smiling
 Hello

I suppose
Deep,
deep
 down
I know
We can never
End
But look
ahead
To
To
Hello

Doors wide open
In this dark blue ocean
Cool winds a’ blowin’
Deep, deep in our souls
Feels like heaven
Almost
Not quite
 No
 Goodbyes
For us
Only
Hello

I must confess
However,
Goodbyes
Encapsulates
torments
Won’t wait
Gotta firm hold
No matter
What I do
Won’t let go
Times pondered
Times spent
Is this
the
end?
Where did
it
all
go?
I’m all
 out
Just
 dunno

Then
I ponder
Let my mind
Wonder
 consider
 gentle nudge
a
slight
whisper
Hello, hello, hello

When goodbye
emerges,
I scamper
and
 flee
Relishing
remembrances
 past
                                                                                                realizing
Ya
know?
Tomorrow beckons
another chance
Hello

Hello
Wrapped in
 sweet
 butter frosting
Fresh winter snow
Blanketing the countryside
Of our
Hearts
Minds
And
Souls
With belly cracking
 laughter
Lungs full of
crazy
 crazy
 crazy
Sometime soon
Next
Hello


Our lives
goodbyes
Conflicted
Juxtaposed
Never quite closed
A glimmer of hope
draped in
Hello

Many,
many,
sunrises
hello
Sunsets,
rainy days
hello
After
the storm
hello
Just an
inviting,
 simple
Hello

Hey!
 Let’s agree
No more
 Goodbyes
Not
Anymore!
Hello
A straight up
Glistening,
 Genuine,
 Sincere
Hello

No comments:

Post a Comment