Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Monday, March 2, 2015

Keep Streak Alive

Keep the Streak Alive

By Maureen Ucles

I am trying to post something...anything daily.  We will see how long my streak will last.  Will I be faithful to post daily?  What will I write about?  That is to be determined.

I would like to get on a streak as I did with My Fitness Pal My Fitness Pal Link.  I used it to help me track what I was eating.  I must confess that I have been a slacker as of late.  I need to get back to it today.  There was a time, however, when I was super consistent with it.  I tracked everything I ate, what exercises I enjoyed, and how much H20 went down the rusty pipes.  I had a streak of over 100 days.  Then I came back home from my long road trip from Ohio. Can you believe it? I forgot to log in and track. Stupidly, I blew my streak!  I know it may not mean a lot to most people, but I loved the streak!  I wanted to get to 200 continuous days logging in.  I can't believe that I forgot it that day. I wish the app on my phone would have sent me a text message to remind me that I needed to log in.

I still use My Fitness Pal, but not as consistently this week.  I have to get back on the healthy eating, exercising and tracking business.  It keeps me honest.  It also will keep me from eating horrible food that is packed with a zillion calories.  I went to Olive Garden on Sunday.  I ate their salad and didn't even look over at the piping hot bread sticks.  For some strange reason, I ordered an appetizer. I never order appetizers because after I eat them, I am not hungry for the main course.  The waiter asked me if I wanted to try out a new appetizer that looked so delicious.  The Fondue was a blend of five different kinds of cheese.  It had tomato on top and the poppy seeded bread to accompany the mouth-watering blend.  I love cheese and I was starving, so I caved in and ordered it.  When I looked on My Fitness Pal it was 1,000 calories! I ate some, but not as much as I might have had I not checked with My Fitness Pal.  To make empty calorie matters worse, I ordered the chicken scampi with angel hair pasta.  I looked it up on My Fitness Pal and was astounded.  One dish of chicken scampi was 1,200 calories.  So if I chowed down like I intended, I would have consumed 2,200 calories!  Being informed is better than being in a total carb overload!  My new plan of action was to eat the protein in the chicken and  also the multicolored bell peppers with onions.  My daughter helped me by eating two chicken tenderloins for me.  I did have a few bites of the angel hair, but only a few! I can't really tell you how many calories that I consumed on Sunday evening, but I know it wasn't close to 2,200!  Needless to say, I will check things out more carefully on My Fitness Pal before I order.

Today I will start a new streak on My Fitness Pal.  I will also continue the posting streak today.  This makes how many continuous days?

No comments:

Post a Comment