Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Monday, March 2, 2015

Lookin' Up

Lookin' Up

By Maureen Ucles

Woke up 
this morning
with thoughts flowing
me not knowing
where my future leads 

Woke up
with a start
didn't feel so wise
not so smart
feeling  down
where's my future?
Cannot see

Woke up
need a shot
of expresso
in my life
day
moment
feeling cloudy
where my future 
can be free

Woke up
to brave the day
just gotta say
after a few 
chats
blah, blah, blah
not so bad
feeling better
even through nasty weather
future's
lookin' up

Woke up
minds a little clearer
Seeing the brighter
side
instead of the darker
slide
inside of me
things not so bad
not in the least
today, tomorrow
future's view
lookin' up

No comments:

Post a Comment