Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Monday, March 2, 2015

Purgation

I went back to a poem that I had written a few months back.  I read it again and the revision process just took over my body.  I found myself easily returning to that dark, dark place.  This place is a prison of sorts.  So I went there and dwelt there and tried to recreate what I saw and felt along the way.  Not too bad at all!
Please let me know what you think...nothing is ever finished.

Purgation

By Maureen Ucles

I have drudged through
wicked wastelands
Transversed the
most rigid monstruous mountain peeks
Suffered
numerous gut-wrenching
deaths
For this?
 This?
Naw!  Can't be!
Must be dreaming

I have cried many tears
Shaken in and out of my fears
Lost and abandoned
For what?
Naw!  Can't cha see?

I have bent over backwards
given my all
and then some...
My feats,
My actions
No satisfaction
'cause
 There you are!
Asking for more?
Really?
Stop your game
Come on in...
Have a seat!
We need to talk!

Let me tell you something------

I am--
Tsunamied 
 by your greed
greed so
 unappealing, 
devoid of feeling
I am 
 disgusted 
overtaken
forsaken
by your domineering
hold
so
power  hungry
dominating
inundating 
while
inflating your
fragile, fragile
 ego

YOU ARE
 So hard to stomach
like rancid, withering, disgusting 
fly-filled carcasses 
on a  third world dusty clay-filled roads
 I am
riding that
 Central American
 bus 
cramped with a zillion bodies
chickens, and who knows what
 straight to nowhere
with endless stops 
Baja!  Baja! Baja! (Stop here!)
 a multitude
on the highway
suffocating in the unforgiving, tortuous Sun
middle of the day
Uggh!
Basta ya!

Mind blowing
Muscles strained
Teeth clenched
in some messed up
stinkin' 
freakin'
pain
not worthy in your eyes
no more
no how
no where
in your estimation
filled with consternation
total and complete deception
desolation awaits...
despondent me

How did it happen?
Come to fruition?
Quien sabe?
You alone
with your blind ambition
Yet
Can't seem to deter
 this sit-sit-
sit-ua-tion
Stopped... blind sided
I am
clutching to the wide, wide open
for nothin'
nothin' more
than your
 sad and sorry
face
full of idiotic disgrace
laughing, mocking,
 chuckling 
the whole way
ringing intolerably
in my ears
interminable, interminable,
interminable

Why? Why?
Did you have to come to play?
Ruin my day, 
my year,
my life?
 Your deception
sounding the bell
deafening darkness
pure hell
has
thrown me into
the abyss
into a pit of despair
where you alone
reside
piling it on
piling high
bludgeoning
 forcefully
into my gut
imploding
cayendo
onto my knees
spewing blood 
 inside me
hemorrhaging
the pain,
the suffering
just too, too much
like a constant refrain
too stinking much
to endure!
Insane!
But 
me to blame?
Hardly
I am done!
Spent!
Last breath 

Think you
have about
taken my spirit?
Nope
Never
No surrender!
Let it unfold
Cascade
into soul
I remain
I am

No comments:

Post a Comment