Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Slow Down

So

So...
You want me to slow down?
No
You want me to play nice?
No
You want me to stay put?
No
Cannot do it!
Cannot
Will not
Won't stop
the momentum
why?
If I do
Words won't flow
You won't know
How it goes
in one ear 
out the next
antlers and all

So
You want me to chill out?
No
You want me inside a box?
No
You want me to do what?
Don't think so
Won't flow
Be contrived
Make dead
in my head
instead of alive
letting words flow
go
row
come off the pen
Is it truly a sin?
Not to
Not to
Write?
Fight?
Delight?
Be contrite?
A'ight?

So
Say it ain't
so so so
in the least
time to shut
down
til the morn
So

Inspired by Lecrae
(FYI)


No comments:

Post a Comment