Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Monday, March 2, 2015

Steal My Fire-Hidden Poetry

Steal My Fire
By Maureen Ucles

Steal my fire.

Steal my fire. 

There’s no way on this Earth 

You are going to— 

Steal my fire
TRY 

As you may

 I will just say

    Loud and clear          

I’m--            

Standing my ground
                                                

I’m not gonna…                                               

Not in a million years…                                                

Under any circumstances…                                                  

Won’t budge                                                      

In the least                                                        

You’re not--

                                   

Are you listening?

Write this down…
Tweet it
Face Book your... 
minions
Maybe Instagram or two
Snapchat…
Vine?

                                                                                                                                                    Are you getting this?



No way
No how
Not in my lifetime
Will you ever
Steal my fire
Steal my fire
Capiche?

Ya know…                

The years                          

The blood                                       

The sweat                                                 

The tears                                                            

Made me

                                                                  

Strong

                                                                       

Formidable

                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Unwavering



What you did?

Just plain

Wrong!

No excuse

Steal my fire?

Wake up!

You must be

Dreaming!

Steal my fire?

Steal my fire?

Not a possibility

Back upTurn around

High tail it outta here

Some other place

Out of my face

I’m kicking you

To the curb!


‘Cause I’m           

Not gonna                        

Allow                               

Permit                                         

Today                                                Tomorrow                                                                  

How about...                                                                                             

NEVER?                                                                                                            

NEVER!
                                                                                                          

Will I ever

Allow             

Permit                    

Cave                                                                                                           

And 

Have you        

Leave me…                     

Lost                            

Naked                                       Afraid…                                                      Alone                                                                        

Ashamed                                                                                           

Degraded                                                                                                           Diminished

                                                                                                                            
Am I finished?
                                                                           
                                                                                                                            Nope!
Not in the least!
Don’t entertain
the thought
Let it leave your lips...
just zip it tight!
                         
                                                      
                                                                     

Afraid?
NO WAY!
Been there
Done with that
Past me by-

Hear me now!

Here me loud!

Give it up!

Not gonna

Let you

Steal my fire!

Steal my fire!

NEVER!

EVER!

Any questions?


No comments:

Post a Comment