Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Monday, March 2, 2015

A Poem A Day!

A Poem A Day

It's that time again
Poem a day
Until I am old and gray
Spring time finally
has sprung
out of 
March's snare
Branches bowing
to the ice
in the street
wasn't quite
so so
nice
to say
the least

Poem a day
when I don't know what to say
Do I hafta rhyme?
Is it about that time?
Could I be sublime?
In my poem
Poem of the day

Poem of the day
Can be
what I want
from a log cabin
to Aunt Jamima
so sweet
pancakes with butter
drenched in syrup
of the maple kind
or honey?
I am so hungry

Poem of the day
don't have much to say
'cause it is late
watching the tube
Heat vs Memphis
wish Mark Gasol
would ignite
a fire
under Z-bow
just so
Miami
 falt-ers
once more
GO SPURS!

Poem of the day
Not going to rhyme
No
Not at all
Breakin' the rules
Shhh! 
Don't tell any of those
prudes who
criticize and woo
the unsuspecting people 
who are listening 
to whom?
Not me
That's for sure
Nah!
I just jest
or do I play?
Can't really say
I'm in the zone
ballin' out
in my poem,
poem
of the 
day!

Hey!

No comments:

Post a Comment