Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Monday, March 2, 2015

Walkin' My Dog

Walkin' My Dog


Walking my dog
Around the block
a time or two
Walkin'
Droppin'
Stoppin'
Diggin'
Coughin'
Pristine paws
Kickin' up grass


My dog
Pantin'
Sniffin'
Lickin'
The sidewalk

My dog
walkin'
trottin'
spottin'
a fire hydrant
that's painted blue
Oh no!
Cutie!
NO!
Why?
Why?

My dog
sniffin'
hikin' 
markin'
her territory
She wants all the doggies
big and small
to take notice
Cutie was here!
Cutie was here!

My dog
growlin'
barkin'
at every moving thing
cats, dogs, birds
squirrels
growlin'
barkin'
tuggin'
scratchin'
the
ground

Walkin' my dog?
Really?
No...
She's walkin'
me

My human being
Breathin'
Sneezin'
Inhalin'
Screamin'
Time to go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment