Express Yourself

Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
--Dr. Seuss

Thursday, March 5, 2015

The Beginnings from the Dr's Office Hello

Hello!

I wrote this poem in the doctor's office yesterday.  It has been inspired by some very special people in my life. These wonderful colleagues that inspire, motivate and put things into proper perspective.  Some are moving on to greater things and others are still with me in the trenches.  Needless to say, I will miss them tremendously in many ways but they will still be a big part of my life in other ways.  This is my first draft.  More revisions to come.

Hello
By Maureen Ucles


It’s not
Saying goodbye
For us
No, not in the least
It’s saying
Hello

It’s never goodbye
But hello
To the newness
To the past, present
What will be
Could be
Should be
Can’t you see?
Got me so intrigued
No, no, no
Not goodbye
But hello

It’s not the saying goodbye
But the hello
Hey hello, hello, hello!
Makes me go
Go, go, go
Out that door
Into the new
Expectations
Yearning
For more

It’s not the saying goodbye
It’s the perpetual hello
Sometimes don’t really know
If I am saying goodbye
Or smiling hello
But one thing’s  for sure
I guess
I know
we can never end
In the goodbye
But look forward
Hello
Hello
Hello

Doors flung wide open
Fresh water in a bowl
Cool winds a blowing
Deep, deep inside our souls
Feels like heaven
Eternity awaits
Cause there’s no goodbye
For us
No, not in the least, least, least
Only hello
Hello, hello, hello
Wrapped in sweet butter frosting
Texas Bluebonnets sprinkling the winding roads
Belly cracking laughter
Lungs full of crazy, crazy, crazy
Giggles fill the room
Hey!
What?
Don’t have a comeback
Not for  that!
You get me every single, solitary time
Nah you just get me
Just wait
Sometime soon
Next hello

Our lives
Not
Full of goodbyes
Juxtaposed
Never quite closed
Hello
Many, many, sunrises
Hello
Sunsets, rainy days
Hello
After the storm
Hello
Just an inviting and simple
Hello

No comments:

Post a Comment